Tuesday, November 08, 2016

I hate elections

No, really.    In my whole life, I can't think of one national candidate that I voted for, who won.

With one exception.

Trying to break this horrible jinx, I tried to outfox it one year by voting for the candidate I most definitely did NOT want to win.

That's how Bill Clinton got elected President.

This year, I have the election returns playing on the radio in the Front Room.

I'm upstairs in the Hell Room (you know, the cluttered room with the desktop computer in it) where I can hear enough to know they're still talking about politics, but I can't make out what they say.

(Helpful Hint:  I've discovered that playing music helps.  I recommend Rolling Stones' "Hot Rocks" album: "I Can't Get No Satisfaction!")

Apparently, though, I'm not the only one who is mad as hell and just can't take it anymore:

How to Relieve Your Election Night Anxiety - Bloomberg View:
So it’s about to be over. Congratulations to all of us for surviving a truly terrible presidential campaign. Some of the terribleness was on the stump, but a lot it was generated by the all-politics-all-the-time news media and social networks. If, like many of us, you’re worn out by the whole thing, I would propose an innovative response: Don’t watch the election returns come in. Spend tonight doing something more useful.
Best idea I've heard all day!

Except for this one:

(display borrowed from gunowners.org)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

0130 hrs and it still ain't over; however, is looks pretty good for Trump. The AP and New York Times have already given him the election, but they lie a lot. So, I will go to sleep and see how things look in the morning. One question, how can such a tiny state such as New Hampshire take over 24 hours to count their ballots? We have counties in Texas bigger and with larger populations than NH and it doesn't take that long to figger out the votes. Are they manufacturing ballots as they go along?