Tuesday, June 27, 2017

TRUE VALOR!

I don't want to talk about fake history.  ... although Shakespeare is a master ..
.
 Shakespeare's Saint Crispin Days Speech from Henry V.
    And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day


But I don't want to talk about an imaginary "Band of Brothers", either, seem  they ever so real.

I want to talk about a real man, an true American Hero, a man who is unknown today:

I want to talk about a man who is the epitome of True Valor: Green Beret MSG Roy Benavidez.

Actually, I want you to hear his 1991 speech.   You  will wonder if you are among those ...... gentlemen in England 

(I'm linking to the original SPECTATOR article because it provides some .. background to what I think you would be better served to see.The author of the article deserves the presentation although his introduction is buried deep in the comments section of a ... not entirely noteworthy SPECTATOR Article:
To clear my mind of this article I have gone back to my all time favorite Medal of Honor recipient now on Youtube. Green Beret MSG Roy Benavidez. He gives incredible speeches and if you have time watch-if limited goto the 5min mark and listen to his remarks. Perfect for this Memorial Day and will clear your mind of this article.
To make it easier for you to follow the thread here is the speech: (25 minutes)





I know you will be inspired. I was there, if not then, and I am inspired.

H/T: Spectator

No comments: