Monday, June 23, 2014

Tips On Staying Alive When the Bullets Start to Fly

Tips On Staying Alive When the Bullets Start to Fly:
For the past couple months, shootings seem to be all I see on the news. Violence is running rampant, and though the people doing the shootings seem to definitely have mental illnesses or grudges, you can’t help but wonder if this is the new status quo for our country. With all the attention and media hype given to the subject, (I’d go so far as to bet that if the media stopped reporting and sensationalizing this violence, the number of shootings would drop – but what do I know?) as well as the always present debates of gun control and help for the mentally ill, it seems to me that these acts of violence are becoming more and more prevalent in society today as a way to “show the world” what your problems are, what your beliefs are, and how far you’ll go to show what a martyr you’ll be for your own cause. It’s appalling and frightening – and a reason to be prepared.

Geek Advice:

RUN!   
Run away as fast as you can, and find something solid to hide behind!
If you do anything else, you will either get shot, or find yourself searching for an affordable lawyer because ... let's face it ... your friendly neighborhood GOVERNMENT has no interest in protecting someone who carries a gun for 'self-defense'.

Or for any other reason, except perhaps to rob a liquor store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very cynical.

Jerry The Geek said...

Yes, but I have been shot at .. and missed ... more than once. I really like being missed more than being shot at and hit (which some of my friends were unable to avoid).

I've seen both sides of the equation; I like my cynicism more than my friends' mortality.

What do YOU think about that?