Monday, May 23, 2016

Kentucky church group considers NRA members "enemies"

Gun safety advocates pray for NRA members holding annual meeting in Louisville:

 Cecil-Hinds, interim executive director of the Kentucky Council of Churches, said many NRA members “are Christian people who believe that what they are doing is right”. “If we speak out against them without praying for them, then we do an injustice to God’s work in the world,” she said. “God calls us to be one body and love one another. Jesus said, ‘Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.’ That’s why I do it.”
Hmmm ... so, NRA members are their "enemies"?  Legal, law-abiding firearms owners are their "enemies"?   People who are responsible gun owners are their "enemies" simply because they possess firearms?

I can't quite get my mind around this concept.

Isn't there a biblical injunction involved here?

Something like "Judge Not, Lest Thee Be Judged"?

If this group had been referring to criminals who use firearms for nefarious purposes, I would have understood.  But they are specifically targeting NRA members.

It hurts my feelings.  I may weep.

Please, spare me your sanctimonious self-righteous hypocrisy.   Whatever God you are praying to, it's not the father of He who said, in Luke 22:36: ''
"... the one without a sword should sell his cloak and buy one".
If y'all are that religious that you think you ought to pray for armed total strangers, maybe you ought to consider buying a gun; because "Don't Bring A Sword To A Gun Fight".

(Yeah, I made that one up.)

No comments: