Thursday, May 26, 2016

One hand does not wash the other

California: YOU can't buy a gun, but uninsured illegals can own and drive a car!

On "The One Hand":
California is doing everything it can to deny its citizen the means to exercise their Second Amendment rights.

On "The Other Hand".
Illegal immigrants are easily granted a driver's license (no word on whether they must actually pass a test), but they don't have to carry insurance to drive a car:
 In the push to grant illegal immigrants driver’s licenses, Californians had been assured that doing so would spur them to get safety training and insurance coverage. Nearly a year-and-a-half later, there’s no evidence it worked.“It is hard to pinpoint whether the bill has had an impact or not,” said Jeffrey Spring, spokesman for the American Automobile Association’s California chapter. “We have no way of knowing.”

"They" can keep track of Californians who exercise their constitutional rights, but "they" can't find a way to know if licensed drivers are insured?

In my home state, when I bought a car I had to show proof of insurance before the dealer could deliver the car.  In fact, when I went to pick up the car my Insurance Agent was standing behind the sales agent's desk.   I had to pay the insurance premium on my new car before I received the title.

When I registered the car, I provided proof of insurance; if I'm stopped by a traffic patrolman, I'm expected to show license, registration, and proof of insurance.

When did the American Way change so dramatically that citizens have to prove our "legitimacy" to exercise a constitutionally protected right, but illegal aliens are protected from the kind of oversight which we expect our state governments to exercise in the public interest?

No comments: