Thursday, September 11, 2008

Picture Gallery Temporarily Not Available

"Jerry the Geek's Video Shooting Gallery" (see link on sidebar) was yesterday temporarily unavailable.

This had been identified as a "Broken Link".

WebMaster Brian B. worked hard to restore the service last night and it is once more available. That's a great big WHEW! for me, because I have a ton of articles which link to photos and videos.

However, I can no longer add new content to the website. Brian's hosting provider has announced that he will have to find a new host; Brian will no longer be able to host the gallery.

I'll have to establish some other method of storing online files for your access. I haven't had time to begin making other arrangements, and it may take a while before the situation is corrected.

For now, the best I can do is post videos directly to Blogger, and to YouTube (from where I can embed them in posts).

Thank you, Brian, for your three years of patience and support, and for restoring access to existing files on this photo gallery. I still have the originals of everything I've stored there, and even though it is impossible to move comments and format to whatever new resource I find I hope eventually to find a new home for it. Brian will be happy, because that will allow him to re-use the 5GB+ of storage space which he has so generously donated to this project.

No comments: