Tuesday, April 29, 2008

FIrst Ever Afghanistan 3 gun match

From the Texican Tattler blogspot comes the Texican Tattler: 3 gun video.

This movie shows the construction of multiple COF (Courses of Fire) to create an actual match in the barren sands of Afghanistan.

(I'm taking a lot of this on faith, and assuming even more ... such as, while this is obviously serving U.S. Military I assume they're Army personnel.)

As a CRO I see a lot of potential problems with the stage designs, such as shoot-throughs on a no-shoot/shoot target array, but that's just my petty anal retentive self.

As an American, I'm as proud as I can be to see IPSC/USPSA competition techniques, stages and materials being used by our serving military.

The production of the video is excellent; good photography, excellent editing. I rate this video an enthusiastic Four Geeks Up! ****

(The original is available at YouTube.)

Note: you may recall the Texican Tattler as the original source for the "84 Snakes in a Tub" video (Snakes in a Drain) which I posted in March of 2008. This tears it ... they're going on my sidebar.

No comments: