Friday, August 17, 2018

For Goodness Sakes, it's a BEAUTY CONTEST!

In a very public "Shallow Hal" moment, the reigning Miss America trashes the organization which voted her "Most Likely" ... apparently, she was Most Likely to be "Bitchiest".

Somewhere in between some anonymous tenor singing: "Here She Is, Miss America; the girl who was only one of a thousand faces ..." and "I'm so honored, there are so many girls here who are more deserving ..."  she evoked her Full bitch Mode.

Miss America Cara Mund slams org, Gretchen Carlson: They 'erased me':
In a twist of irony, the most recent Miss America winner is accusing the Miss America Organization – one that's recently taken public steps in the name of female-empowerment –of bullying and silencing her. In a five-page letter addressed to "Miss America Sisters" and obtained by USA TODAY on Friday, Cara Mund, Miss America 2018, calls out Miss America CEO Regina Hopper and chair Gretchen Carlson for having "silenced me, reduced me, marginalized me, and essentially erased me in my role as Miss America in subtle and not-so-subtle ways on a daily basis." 
Mund blamed the sponsors.   Amazing! 



If I Cared At All .... which I do not, as this "contest" is one of Televisions most trashy moments ... I would be inclined to suggest the Miss America Pageant judges failed to judge on Character, and focused only on physical Beauty.   I am am shocked ... SHOCKED!

Ah well, beauty is only skin deep; Ms Mund is clearly missing in the "Character Development"  qualities which we are reliably told is "important".

I missed watching this on television .. which is just one more moment when I rejoice in my decision to disconnect from Cable Television ten years ago.

I ain't missed nothing yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that as of this year, the folks that run the Miss America pageant have decided that they will no longer judge on beauty either.