Sunday, November 05, 2017

There's a moon out tonite!

Image result for phase of the moon tonight
TODAY - Sunday, November 5, 2017. The Moon today is in a Waning Gibbous Phase. This is the first phase after the Full Moon occurs. It lasts roughly 7 days with the Moon's illumination growing smaller each day until the Moon becomes a Last Quarter Moon with a illumination of 50%.

Today's Moon Phase - Moongiant

www.moongiant.com/phase/today/


... which is the best I can do to explain that the moon looks HUGE,
and it's burning through the local high cloud layer.

I wish I could take a photo to show you, but my cameras are inadequate to the task.

And my poor rhetoric is equally inadequate to describe the glory.

The moon is not the blue color depicted on my downloaded version (above); 
it's gloriously bright and white-hot ... which is the best I can say to describe its intensity.

The high cumulous cloud layer seems to disappear as it passes in front of the moon ...
It's ethereal 
... and then the cloud layer reappears after it passes the direct path of the moon's
reflection of the sun's power from the other side of the earth.

I'm not a religious person, but it seems so awesome that I'm not entirely
 unconvinced of the existence of a God who created the Heavens and the Earth.

Who can stand in awe of such majesty, and dispute the heathen faith of our fathers 
who postulated that there MUST be a God who created the heavens and the earth?

Oh.  It's like the punch like of a bad joke.  "Well, I guess you had to be there!"

I was there.  I thought it was as beautiful as the birth of my children ... both a miracle,
both children a gift to a man who was not worthy.

I pity anyone who has not stepped outside in this midnight hour,
to behold a mundane miracle beyond understanding.

And that's all I have to say about that.




1 comment:

Mark said...

Never knew you are a "moonie" ;-).