Monday, April 04, 2016

E-O-E-O-AY-AY AY! (Hey, Bro, did you see where that shot hit?)

U.S. Special Operations units are using faulty rifle sights - The Washington Post:
U.S. Special Operations forces are using rifle sights that are supposed to help shooters accurately hit their targets but instead have a defect, acknowledged by the manufacturer, that potentially endangers the lives of service members in combat, according to court records and military officials.

If the glove sight don't fit ....

... I'm sure I glad I was using Iron Sights when I was last in a War Zone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Misleading article. These are red dot sights designed for CQC. the fact that they might be a couple of minutes off doesn't make much difference at 100 yards or under. Note to Geek: The military hasn't much used iron sights for the past 10 years or so on their long guns. Mostly they use some sort of optic. Sort of like IPSC/USPSA Open Division.

Jerry The Geek said...

Yes. I am ... acquainted with the C-more.

They're like my cell phone; when the chips are down, so is the battery. And drop either on the ground and you're wishing you had something more robust.