Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Belgian Jews repudiate call for gun ownership

I wrote last week about the Pope telling the Catholics that they must push for stronger Gun Control Measures.

This week, I found an article in which the Rabbi's are telling the Jews not to have guns.  Worse, Belgian Jewish Leaders want their governments NOT to issue gun permits to Jews!


Belgian Jews repudiate call for gun ownership - Diaspora - Jerusalem Post:
(January 19, 2015)
 Belgian Jewish leaders denounced calls for their governments to issue gun permits to members of their communities this weekend, saying that such efforts could lead to harrowing consequences.
 Last week, Rabbi Menachem Margolin, the Brussels-based head of the European Jewish Association (EJA) and the affiliated Rabbinical Center of Europe, sent a letter to senior officials in a number of EU states requesting that gun laws be loosened to allow “designated people” among Europe’s Jews “to own weapons for the essential protection of their communities.”
 Both community heads and Jewish business owners should be trained in firearms and be permitted to carry them, he said in a statement.
(H/T: The War On Guns)

Using my meekest, mildest, most respectful voice, I have to say that I believe Religious Leaders of ANY faith should not interfere when their "flock" believes that they should arm for defense of themselves, their homes, their family and yes, their faith.

God knows (you can tell I'm not Jewish, I can write "God" without feeling disrespectful) .... God knows that if anyone needs the means to protect, it's the Jews.  They have this history of being persecuted.

Oh, you already knew that?

Funny.  The "Belgian Jewish leaders" seem not to have noticed.

I'm not sure which "Consequences" (of Jewish firearms ownership) could be more "Harrowing" than the systematic and genecidal extermination of six million jews.

Apparently, the Belgian Jewish leaders expect the local police to protect the Jewish people, their institutions, and their holy places.

Like THAT is going to happen!   Hell, the police don't like the Jews all that much anyway, and they have a lot MORE people that they can't protect ... as their neighbors in Paris proved last week.

 (What's the death toll there now?  130+ dead, hundreds wounded?).

This is why I don't go to church any more.  I just don't like being told what to do by a bunch of idiots.  I didn't like it when I was in the army, which is why I got out of THAT fiasco as fast as I could.

Unfortunately, our National Leaders consisting of Obama, Kerry and Clinton, odds are I'm still not going to avoid being told what to do by Idiots.  Fortunately, I can ignore them.



Funny thing ... there was a time when I actually contemplated moving to Australia.  Thank God I got that bit of nonsense out of my head!   Those people have more idiots (pound for pound) that Americans do ... and the Idiots are telling honest, trustworthy people that they can't be trusted with guns so TURN 'EM IN, AUSTRALIA!  (I know, that's not NEW news, either.)

The GOOD thing about all this is that the Catholics, the Jews and the Australians (yes, the French and Belgians too) serve their purpose of providing a good example of a bad government.

I'm sure I'm not the only American who has found my will to resist confiscation strengthened.  When I see how these poor folks are being mislead by their elitist leaders, disarmed and left at the mercy of madmen who know no mercy, it makes me want to go on the warpath.

Oh.   Right.  I'm not an American Indian, either.   Guess I'll just hunker down in the bunker until the latest storm blows over.  Things oughta be okay in another 20 or 30 years.

My kids will have my guns by then.  Hope I raised them right.  I'd hate to learn THEY gave up their constitutional rights, but at least they could wait until I'm dead, so I'm not ashamed for them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Western Europeans don't seem to have a tradition or history of firearms, or other arms, ownership by the common people. Their tradition is that the elites/nobility and the government is armed, not the peasants and tradesmen. I am certainly not in favor of issuing firearms to folks that are afraid of them, don't understand them and don't want them.

Anonymous said...

European Jews tend to be a pacifist lot, unlike their brothers in Israel.

Windy Wilson said...

Bill Murray's joke about how he is amazed by how many Jews own German cars seems apropos. Belgian Jews didn't move there from somewhere else as the Jews in Israel and America did. These are the descendants of the survivors of the camps and cattle cars trusting g*v*rnm*nt here (If the Orthodox refer to the supreme being as G*d, then it is appropriate to refer to the supreme being for these people in the same fashion).