Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Comcast Sux

Well, I've been  having problems with my IP ... COMCAST.NET ... recently.   It takes 'a long time' to send an email.  Like ... NEVER!

I composed an email today, which I had to send to DRAFT because Comcast Infinity "SmartMail" won't send it.  No reason why, except there's a message popping up which says "the server may be down".  It's not the first time I've received that message.

Funny thing, every website that isn't COMCAST works just fine.  And so, since it IS my Internet Provider, there's apparently something up.

And I haven't been able to send email off and on for several days.   Sometimes it works, sometimes if I just leave the room and go do something else (cook and eat a meal ... you know, something that doesn't take more than an hour or two), when I come back the email has been sent.

A couple of days ago I tried to send an email, and it took so long that I just gave up and went to sleep.  When I got up the next morning, the email was gone.   I hadn't even been able to send it to the DRAFT file, so it was just lost.

I'm getting pretty sick of this.  The ultimate problem is that even if I change my IP from Comcast to ... oh, I don't know ... ANYBODY ELSE!  ....  all of my online accounts are tied to my Comcast email addresses.  Banking, Billing, Amazon, utilities, social websites, games, sports (like USPSA) ... everyone that I contact online knows me by my current IP.

They've got me by the short and curlies, and I don't like feeling so powerless.

Oh, I tried to run a speed test this morning?   It failed.   I did the 'reboot' procedure, where I not only turn off my cable modem but physically disconnect it for at least 3 minutes.  (This is the second time this week that I did it.)  Didn't make a bit of difference.

The really funny thing is that ... gee, all of the other websites that I visit) such as Blogger, as you can plainly see) work just fine.  There isn't anything wrong with the Internet Connection ... it's just Comcast, itself?

I know there are a lot of people out there who have Comcast for their IP.  I'm wondering, is there anyone else who is having trouble with the COMCAST FEATURES, or is it just me?

Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

UPDATE:
Since I wrote this, I contacted COMCAST Technical Support, and they resolved the problem to my satisfaction.  Details available here, and I regret that I made public my dissatisfaction BEFORE I gave them a chance to fix it .. online, real time, and with a very professional "problem solving" approach.

2 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

I am sorry for the trouble you are experiencing with your email. I can reach out to my contacts to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me if your interested in my help. You can contact me at the email provided below and include your account info as well as the link to this page (for reference)

Thanks,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Anonymous said...

Has your violet prose attracted the attention of a high level security agency?
Antipoda