Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Mayan Joke

One Mayan shows another his new batch of tequila and encourages him to drop what he's doing and drink some.
 
The other Mayan says, "Sure - I guess if I don't finish this calendar it won't be the end of the world..."
(Thanks and a HatTip to The G-Man)

Whew!
So .. I guess 2012 really IS only the end of the Mayan calendar, and not necessarily TEOTWAWKI.

The good news is ... well, see above.

The bad news is .. I hope nobody ever actually DRANK the kool-aid!

(Ordinarily, this would be a cue for me to research and write a Geek-Length essay about people who suicided based on their doomsday beliefs.  EG: Johnstown  and those flying-saucer believers.   But then I found that the "Heaven's Gate" webpage is still active online, and I decided that I'll just let you go there if you want to.)

For myself, I've always wanted to know what tomorrow brings, and I can't wait to see it.

On these days when the world does NOT end .. wow!  I'm really pleased about this.  I actually bought the movie 2012 to see what it might look like, and discovered that the first part is much more interesting than the last part.

No comments: