Thursday, December 27, 2012

CAMDEN, N.J. - Is the Latest City Asking Its Residents to Voluntarily Surrender Their Firearms for Cash | TheBlaze.com

This Is the Latest City Asking Its Residents to Voluntarily Surrender Their Firearms for Cash | TheBlaze.com:

TheBlaze previously reported on the gun buyback program conducted by the city of Camden, N.J., where residents turned in about 1,137 guns — a new record for the city. Now, in New York, the Ithaca Police Department and Tompkins County Sheriff’s Office are asking their residents to give up their guns to decrease the number of guns on the streets, the Post-Standard reports.

“The goal of the program is to remove unwanted guns from our community before they fall into the hands of those that may do harm,” a law enforcement source said.
The purpose of the buyback program is apparently to encourage Americans to voluntarily surrender their guns in exchange for immediate cash, including as much as $200 for some semi-automatic rifles.
 Oh, DO go to the comments section to see what people in the area think about this!  My own personal take is .. oh dear, are you next going to give up your right to write letters to your grandchildren?

People who think that the Second Amendment should be abrogated .. or outright deleted .. would be "Up In Arms" if the same restrictions were applied to their right to SPEAK. 

Oh, but "Up In Arms" wouldn't be valid any more, would it?

I guess most folks don't realize that the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America is supported .. and made feasible .. by the Second Amendment.

When I was a child, there was a movement (not locally, but it only affected me that way) for children to turn in  their comic books which were violent, in return for more "acceptable" books.  I tried to take advantage of the program (I've talked about this before) but unfortunately they were all out of dinosaur books so I took all my Rin Tin Tin and Roy Rogers comic books back home.  (I know, I have written about this before.)
 In later years, I bought my OWN fricking Rinny and Roy books .. and kept the comic books I already owned.  Some of them .. like the Lone Ranger comics .. had been given to me by my sister for Christmas.  In later years, I lost track of them; but I never lost track of how glad I was that I didn't give them up for some stupid dinosaurs who didn't do nothing!

This 'gun trade-in for toaster ovens' movement is nothing better.  Some people decided that what I had wasn't politically acceptable, so they offer valueless trivia from China in return for .... whatever.  When I was a child, comic books were as valuable to me as firearms are today.  Junkers, or important tools; a part of American History or stuff that I didn't really want or need any more.  It's all the same.  It's more valuable to ME than it is to them, except for the 'this is bad stuff' iconicism to which they ascribe my 'stuff'.

I fell for it fifty years ago (okay, a little bit further back than fifty years), but I couldn't be persuaded today.

I can't tell you how  the families of New Jersey are responding to this offer, but I strongly advise you to go look at the comments.  Most of the folks talking about this are from "out of town".  Still, their voice needs to be heard:

"The goal of the program is to remove unwanted guns from our community before they fall into the hands of those that may do harm,””……I call B.S….The goal is to disarm the public PERIOD…"

and ...
 
This is all I need to know about gun control: our FOUNDERS were FOR RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS – TYRANTS AND DESPOTS Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Obama ARE AGAINST. I don’t own a gun, don’t want a gun – but I darn sure want every law abiding citizen to be able to fully exercise their right to bear arms as guaranteed by the Constitution.
The left has an agenda to drive this culture in a direction designed to destroy it. Gun control is just one of their weapons. The cadre of intellectuals that have trained Gramsci shock troops of teachers and media hacks to take this which was a Judeo/Chrsitan culture down from within…
Things are much more duplicitous then either you know or you admit:
and ....

Ummm. Prosecution from what? They could turn their guns in without fear of prosecution? Sounds like a call to criminals. Yep. You get a pass on murder. You got a gun you killed someone with? No Problem! We’ll take care of it for you! We don’t want you, we want responsible gun owners. They scare us!… Gird your loins, people. Take on the armor of God. These people are nuts
and ..
  
They state the guns owned by law abiding citizens will eventually end up in the hands of criminals. The only way mine will is if I’m dead. I guess they believe the criminals are going to prevail. Hunh. Think about that.
Yup, this sounds like a successful gun buy-back program; just like every other "successful gun buy-back program" ever promulgated in the most sorrowful states.

This sounds SO "progressive" to the Liberals, but they don't have a clue how it looks to the participants. Got a murder gun?  Sell it!  Got Papa's old POS pistol?  Sell it.  It's not like they will ever be used again, and nobody is about to track the tuns anyway.   Don't have a gun? Steal one!  Sell it. No pain; you'll steal two and sell one.  Piece of cake!

I swear, these people just don't have a single clue about how the Real World works.  They have these pie-in-the-sky notions, and they think that everybody is honest.  "It's my grandfather's gun" they claim ... and they are believed.

Yeah, like your grandfather bought that Glock 17 because it was a War Memorial.

What a bunch of maroons!

No comments: