Saturday, August 30, 2008

Crazy Croc 08: Jungle Run and G.R.

I showed up for the first day of the Crazy Croc match today, and I had a wonderful time. Lots of folks were there and stopped by to say howdy, and ask after SWMBO. (Sorry: her name is Sandie.)

I talked to a lot of people, took a bunch of pictures (more video!) and generally had almost as much fun as if I had actually been competing .. except I had no stories about how I would have ended up with a much better score if only... [insert your own alibi here. Extra points will be given for creativity.]

Eventually I ran out of camera batteries and storage space on the video storage devices (SD). That was okay, because I ran out of energy at about 2:30 pm, when everyone who was competing still had another stage to go before their day was ended.

As I said to Mac: "In this context,I'm self-employed. My word day is over when I say it is over, not when the Schedule says I am done."

Shortly before the end of my working day, and late enough that the light was not 'right' for filming on most stages, I found my self on the Jungle Run stage.

Actually I had clambered down the hill immediately after shoot- through competitor Gary Pete Ray to ask CRO Loren if I could film some of his clients in the Jungle Run stage, "Paradise Valley".

He said "Okay By Me, Pal" in the most gracious way, and suggested that Sherrie would appreciate seeing the Jungle Run Stage in action.

Loren and Sherrie work on this stage all year long just to get it ready for this match.

I'm working from a laptop, and under some significant time constraints, so I won't go into the reasons why I think it's important to post this video 'tonite'. I only want to recognize the support that Sherrie and Loren have provided for SWMBO, and for me.

Well, I also want to emphasize the bald-face fact that many competitors at The Croc Match have found themselves saying: "I would travel here for this Jungle Run Stage only, even if the rest of the match wasn't so fun."

Let's go to the video:



No comments: