Friday, October 14, 2005

MWG: FREE AR-15 Magazines

MWG: AR-15 Magazines, Ruger 10/22 Magazines & Mini 14 Magazines

H/T: Earthworm

The MWG Company is . . .

the manufacture and distributor of the 90 Rounder High Capacity Magazines for the AR-15 / M16 & Mini 14, the 50 Rounder magazine for the Ruger 10/22 and quality gun accessories such as Rifle Scopes and Rifle Stocks for the discriminating shooter in the competition, varmint and tactical disciplines.
Earthworm sent me the link, because I'm the only blogger he knows. (Poor Earthworm, must watch television when he could be reading Geek-length purple prose about IPSC shooting here at Cogito Ergo Geek.)

If I link to the MGW website on my sidebar, and write a daily entry and hyperlink it to their website, they will send me two new AR-15 magazines for free.

Here's the deal:

MWG Company is giving away 100 AR-15 MAGAZINES to people who have a Blog and link to our site. That’s correct, use your first amendment right, speaking your mind in your Blog could get you a 2 FREE 10 Round or 5 Round AR-15 MAGAZINE (a $36 Value with free shipping). Simple just add the keyword “AR-15 MAGAZINES” to your side bar and one daily entry and hyper link it to http://www.mwgco.com.
Once you have added the link to your Blog, E-mail us the URL of your Blog, Name and Address to webmaster@mwgco.com. We will review your site and if your one of the first 50 people who meets the rules we will mail you a 2 FREE AR-15 MAGAZINES .

That Simple!

The Rules:

  1. You must have a Blog that has a been active for over 3 months.
  2. The key word “AR-15 MAGAZINES ” must be linked to http://www.mwgco.com
  3. The key word “AR-15 MAGAZINES must be viewable on the side bar through out the site and one daily entry.
  4. E-mal us the URL of your Blog, Name and Address at webmaster@mwgco.com. Please include if you want a two 10 Rounder, 5 Rounder or combo.

Participating Blogs:


nothingspectacular the griz lives on RedneckAsianGunfanatic:
Justins Guns And Stuff gandalf23 Ry Jones
tjic.com SayUncle The Smallest Minority
TriggerFinger Mostly Cajun Hell In A Handbasket
comedian one-in-a-row lewisofarabia
AngryLittleAsianBoy



Okay, I think I've pretty much accomplished most of it. Now all I have to do is to email them, and let them send me the magazines (a $36 value). Kewl.

Only problem is, I don't have an AR-15. Earthworm doesn't, either. He said if I sent them to him, he would give it to his local 'Junior Program'.

More kewl ... they have a Practical Rifle Junior Program in Jersey?

But that's a lot of trouble.

Tell you what. When I get the magazines, I'll toss them in my range bag (or in the GeekJeep) and bring them with me to local IPSC matches. The first one who comes up to me at an IPSC match and says "Hey, Geek, I have an AR-15, give me the magazines!" gets them.

I won't hold them for anyone, and it only works if I have the magazines with me.

You won't know when I have them, and I have no idea how long it will take MGW to decide to send them to me.

I'll announce the winner here, and maybe even include your picture (if you're the winner, and if you don't object to having your picture taken. Of course, if you DO object, you're a wuss and I'll tell the world about it. Think it over.)

I figure MGW is doing this to announce their website. I'm doing this for the same reason, to know who's reading my website.

I'll keep you posted, and maybe I'll even tell you when/if I receive the magazines.

On the other hand, maybe not.

And if I don't receive the magazines in what I consider a 'reasonable time', I'll let you know about that, too.

In the meantime, you can practice saying the secret phrase. Remember, if you don't say the magic words . . .

"Hey, Geek, I have an AR-15, give me the magazines!"

. . . I'm not obligated to give you the magazines.

1 comment:

Jerry The Geek said...

The vendor promised to send me the magazines on Monday. This is Wednesday. I haven't received them yet. Maybe I'll have them by Saturday, in time for the regular Dundee Croc Match.