Tuesday, October 11, 2005

October Blogmeat

FLYING WITH AMMO
Publicola has done his homework on recent TSA regulations concerning flying with ammo. Seems there are existant laws that still apply. Of course, that doesn't mean that you can figure out how to put your handloads 'in the original package'.

PENNY ALCOHOL BACKING STOVE
Mark Jurey *(no, I've never heard of him either) tells us how to make a perfect "Penny Alcohol Backpacking Stove" out of three beer cans. H/T Waddcutter.

Yes, I've read the directions. No, I don't understand them. But I appreciate the "First, drink three Heinekins" part of the directions. Apparently, you can't follow the directions without the beer.

(Is this anything like the classic directions for Hassenpfeffer? "First, catch a rabbit.")


CARNIVAL OF CORDITE
Gullyborg is hot to trot with some fascinating links (including some Birdman Weapons Systems stuff that I haven't seen before . . . and much that I have) and a sh*tpot of Gratuitous Gun Photos. Check it out here. It's worth it if only just for the pictures. No, I didn't contribute this week. Again.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



WTF?

Canoe has it's photoday picture up, here's a piece of it.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Naw, The Geek isn't showing this! It's a fly in the ointment!

Go here to get the whole thing, and shame on you!



Tanks For The Memories

Am I the only one who is interested in Tanks?

I mean, besides The Donovan, who is the (h/t) source for this website.

Photos of WWII ("The Big One") tanks, gratuitously displayed and lovingly detailed.
I'm liking this, it's on my permanent bookmark.

Here's a sample:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


BookBinder

Finally, here's a link that proves you can get information here that you can't get anywhere else.

There's probably a reason for that.

Uh, no, I'm wrong. This is (h/t) from Ghost of a Flea.

You can make book on it.

No comments: