Sunday, September 11, 2016

Murphy's Law

My article about Senator Murphy's degrading comments on American Gun Owners  posted yesterday evinced an pertinent comment: from ANONYMOUS (who posts a LOT here!)

The fact is many high government officials do not believe that the average American citizen DESERVES protection from international or homegrown terrorism, or common criminals.
That's true; for various values of truth ... and I think it deserves a place in the Gun Blogger's Hall of Fame.

I'm declaring this "Murphy's Law" (with apologies to the movie by the same name, which was .. not so much of a much).

Someone may come up with a more terse version, but I don't think it can be much improved upon.

If I were to put it into a general case, rather than the specific, I might suggest:

Government officials do not believe that American citizens DESERVE protection from terrorists or criminals.

And thanks to my VERY good friend ANONYMOUS for continuing his fine tradition of helping me to make the point when I labor clumsily against the language.

No comments: