Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Politically Correct YouTube Wins Again Because .. They Can!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/HK45-yt-block.jpg

I don't know much about this, except that "They Can"

Hickok45 YouTube Channel Shut Down - The Firearm Blog:

 My friend Matt alerted me to this today. YouTube shut down Hickok45’s YouTube channel for “repeated violations of Google’s Policies”. I do not have any further information regarding this. At this moment there is nothing posted on his Facebook page. Hopefully Hickok45 will figure out what the problem is. I know many of us will jump to the “anti-gun” policies of Google. But let’s not make assumptions until it has been verified by Hickok45 himself.

I last watched one of his videos last night; I think it was whether or not a filing cabinet would stop a bullet.

(it could not)

I have no idea why YOUTUBE would cancel his channel, except that they have some kind of political pressure to discontinue hosting firearms-related posts.

I'll go check my own channel

Nope.  That's working.  Apparently YouTube isn't discontinuing ALL Firearms-related videos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In our PC world, gun positive media, or media that shows firearms in a good light is forbidden. The same goes for our schools. The agenda is to encourage a fear and loathing of firearms in the general population.

Archer said...

As I heard it elsewhere: YouTube's terms of use don't ban firearm-related videos, but Google+'s rules prohibit promoting several things, including weapons.

And since Google owns YouTube and have integrated all their holdings, if you have a YouTube account it's been folded into a Google+ account. Hickok45's channel was shut down under the theory that even if he never used his Google+ account, didn't know he had it, wasn't aware of the terms of use, and had his YouTube channel years before the advent of Google+, those rules (that he never read or accepted) still apply. (So much for Google's founding principle: "Don't be evil." Lawful-Evil is still evil.)

They've since backed off and restored his channel, since it's all BS.