Monday, May 04, 2015

Self-Guided Bullets ... no, really!

DARPA demonstrates breakthrough in self-guided bullets | Fox News:
(April 29, 2015)
“True to DARPA’s mission, EXACTO has demonstrated what was once thought impossible: the continuous guidance of a small-caliber bullet to target,” Jerome Dunn, DARPA program manager said in the release. “This live-fire demonstration from a standard rifle showed that EXACTO is able to hit moving and evading targets with extreme accuracy at sniper ranges unachievable with traditional rounds.”
Holy Moly, Batman!  Was it only a couple of days ago (April 28) that I was joking about curving bullets?   I guess the folks at DARPA are reading my blog .. no wonder my stats are up this week!




 I'm going to use this as my Primary Alibi at my next IPSC match.

Miss the target?

Damn EXACTO bullets!  The target wasn't moving, no wonder I missed it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wise man listens and heeds what Angie Jolie has to say about most anything.

Jerry The Geek said...

You are very lustful, aren't you.
I warn you ... she's MINE!

Anonymous said...

"I warn you ... she's MINE!"
I am crushed :-(