Sunday, May 05, 2013

Is your life better now than it was in 2008?

Dillon Precision: Reloaders, Reloading Equipment, Bullet Reloading, Bullet Reloaders


We keep hearing that the demand for firearms, ammunition, reloading supplies is due to 'normal' market pressure.

(click on the image to view it full size)

I've never seen anything like this on Dillon's website before, not even in 2008, when Obama was first elected.

Not that it matters much, since we can't get brass, powder, primer or bullets lately ....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That being said about Dillon, I can't remember a shortage of common 22LR during any of the other shortages, nor was everyone sold out of almost all reloading dies, shell holders, etc. And it was on the news the Big Sis has put a questionnaire out to various ammo manufactures, wanting to know if they have the capacity to provide a million rounds of ammo a month for multiple months to DHS.
I have a set of 9mm pistol dies on back order. Expected delivery not till the end of June. Just for a garden variety 3 die set. Something seems to be going on.
Antipoda.

MuddyValley said...

It will pass. I'm just shooting whatever gun I had enough components on hand to reload. I suspect that when the rush slows down, prices will return to where they were (I hope) and there will be a surplus on the market for a while, until everybody uses up what they have hoarded.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

It's not just guns and ammo. I ordered a high quality knife for the US Cav store last August, and it arrived in January. I ordered another knife in December from the same store, and it is still on backorder.