Saturday, May 04, 2013

An "APP" to help you keep from bumping into stuff while texting

Type n Walk: Type n Walk displays a transparent viewport of what's directly in front of you. This combined with your peripheral vision is just enough visual information to help you avoid obstacles -- like walking face-first into a tree! Despite the name, Type n Walk is useful while you're sitting or standing too. Use it anytime you would like to keep an eye on your surroundings while you type.
 I understand, from something that I heard on the Radio today, that there is an "app": which will help ou recognize that you are texting while walking, and will keep you from bumping into "things" during that process.

I didn't believe it .. it sounds far too bizarre to be true.

Just goes to show that I don't really understand this year's definition of "perfectly understandable" activities.

It's real.
I'm as "old school" as I can get, and still own a cell phone.  This is as .. I don't know.  Unreal?  Useless? Silly?  as can be.  But it's real, it's out there, and somebody expects to make a ton of money from it.

I spent decades working on a university campus.  I admit that there are people who are so lost in own private world (especially while they are texting) that they lose all contact with reality.

I suppose that this "App"  (WTF is that?) could provide good value for enough of the population that they would subscribe to it.

For myself?\

I think that any civilization (.. "community" .. "group of people who are so entirely out-of-touch with the "Situational Awareness")  which NEEDS this, and thinks it's worth buying ... are the "ELOI"  of our times.

   They are so out-of-touch with reality that they serve no higher purpose than to be a food source for the Morlocks!


Am I the only one who thinks that "Facebook Is The Devil"?

So ... does this make this app the Devil Incarnate?

All I know is that I don't trust it.  No .. not "not trust it to keeping my nose from bumping the Lamp Post", but " not trust it because it belittles the State Of Man".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this would also make texting while driving much safer, and allow a person to keep in constant contact with others.

Anonymous said...

I have no cell phone. I have a high tech device called a answering machine. I do not have a gps, I always know where I am. I do not have cable or dish I get over the air tv (for free). I take no laptop or tv with me when I travel. I get by just fine.