Monday, August 17, 2009

Monster Hunter International


The LawDog Files: MHI

Because I am a faithful reader of The LawDog Files, I noted his July 26, 2009 recommendation of Larry Correia's book "Monster Hunter International".

And with no small trepidation (Geeks buying 700+ page novels for less than $8? Scandelous!) I decided to order it from Amazon.

It showed up in my mailbox last week, and Sunday night I started reading it in bed to help me get to sleep.

It started out a little slow ... it seemed as if the author was still trying to get a handle on his subject ... so I had no problem reading a couple of dozen pages before I turned out the lights and went to sleep.

The next morning (Monday), I pulled it off my nightstand to read a few more pages with my morning coffee.

Big mistake.

Drank my coffee.
Drank grape juice, and water.
Ate breakfast.
Smoked cigarettes.
Ate lunch.


Buy this book.

Hey HEY HEY!

When you get the book, wait until the weekend before you start reading it.

I lost a day of work, because I just ... couldn't ... put ... it ... down.

Just so you'll know.

PS: Looks like there will be a sequel.

No comments: