Thursday, April 16, 2009

Internet Interruptus

Once again I'm forced to blog on the LapTop.

I tried to get my Local Area Network (LAN) going again tonight. I actually had it running thru the router for a few minutes, but I was trying to get smart and re-establish the WiFi Network, and I followed the instructions instead of my instincts, Bad, Bad Idea.

uring the reconfiguration process, I decided to move the desktop CPU out of the knee-hole of my desk. Another bad idea; Ibumped the power cable and the whole system went down.


By using the laptop, I've established that the Cable Modem and the yellow LAN cords can make a connection. Later I'll try to reconnect the desk-top computer.

I suspect that the problem is in the cable connections. Since this cord connects the laptop with the modem, I'll try to use the same cord to connec with the desk-top computer.

But I probably won't do that tonight. It's now 1am and I need to get some sleep so I can go to work in the morning.

I'll take a few minutes to check my email, but if I don't answer you tonite, it's because I don't have theenergy to fight this teensy keyboard with all of the keys in the wrong place.

No comments: