Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Mysterious Missing SNL Skit

Saturday Night Live put on a skit which so frightened the LibDems (and not a few Tycoons) that it was deleted from its NBC website.

Yesterday, a bowdlerized version of the skit was posted on the NBC webpage.

Here it is.

(I tried to embed the video, but NBC and SNL have conspired to show almost any number of objectionable videos instead. Here is another link to the video, which may even actually work. But I doubt it. Try the previous link, first, because it may be more stable.)

And here is the explanation WHY it was deleted. Essentially, the original version suggested that some of the tycoons who have profited from the "Sub-Prime Rate Mortgage" fiasco should be hanged.

I seem to be in a particularly bloody mood this week, so I admit I see nothing wrong with the suggestion. It's just a thought, nothing that need be acted upon. But still, we should not be censored for considering what some might think is as appropriate response to thoroughly reprehensible business practices ...

Okay, maybe I'm wrong on that point.

Maybe.

No comments: