Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

9:11 am, on 9/11.

It's a memorable day in our history, but one which we can best observe by going to work and doing our jobs. Otherwise, the terrorists will have accomplished their task of six years ago. And I am determined to deny them a victory.

This is what I was telling myself this morning, as I forced myself out of bed and through the shower. It was a hard sell, but I did get to the office and I am doing my work.

The truth is, I am still heart-sick at the memory of the attacks, and on the anniversary it somehow seems even fresher in memory. With the threat that there will be more attacks, perhaps deliberately targeted for this date, there’s an element of fear as well.

I feel a lot better now that I am about my day’s business. The cold funk is all in my mind, and I try to be the master of it.

Instead, I will celebrate by completing and closing at least one, perhaps two projects today.

That'll show the blackguards.

No comments: