Thursday, August 30, 2007

Red's Trading Post: Red for Congress?

Probably because I have written a couple of articles about Red's Trading Post, I have found myself on the mailing list for Red's owner and GM, Ryan Horsley.

Just a few minutes ago, I received the following email from Mr. Horsley. (Do check the links; much more information is available there):
We will be showing the Premiere of David T. Hardy's Documentary in Twin Falls:

I have received several phone calls and e-mails from people calling on me to fill Senator Craig's seat if he resigns, Tony from Liberty Sphere offers his opinion:

The State of Idaho has always held the Second Amendment in very high regard, as do I. I am not sure what Senator Craig's plans entail but I am just pleased with the overwhelming support that I have received in this fight with the ATF.

Again thank you for your thoughts and prayers, it really means a lot.
Thank You,
Ryan
(Note: webpage addresses originally included as text have been converted to links for convenience.)
In light of Idaho Senator Craig's recent embarrassment, Idaho ma soon be looking for a new Senator. Given the gun-friendly culture of the state and Horsley's recent POSITIVE press, it's conceivable that "Red" may in fact turn out to be a viable candidate.

Horsley may not turn out to be the 21st Century's answer to Davie Crockett, but our country was founded on the premise of a legislature comprising citizen volunteers, not professional politicians.

I don't live in Idaho, but it's clear that we can do worse than for a state to be represented in the Senate by a Ryan Horsley. Demonstrably, Idaho has been represented by worse!

How bad would it be if all of the professional politicians in the House and the Senate were replaced by "Mister Smith"?

I'm thinking of Massachusetts, California and New York, specifically. You can add your own state's representatives. You know who you are.

I'm just saying -- how bad could it be to have a the Senate include an FFL holder here and there?

Here's Horsley's latest article asking "Does (the) ATF Acting Director Deserve to be Confirmed?"


Think about it.

No comments: