Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The 2006 Hostility To IPSC Award

We interrupt this series of actual USPSA Shooting Match articles to bring this Breaking News to your attention:


Jerry the Geek has been awarded 2nd place in the prestigious "Hostility to IPSC" competition. (Click on the title of this article to see the original award webpage ... as long as it remains available.)

I take great pride in this award, and I vow to continue my efforts in hopes that I win first Place in the 2007 competition.

There's a chance that it will actually happen. I draw your attention to my 2007 May Day post: "Target Control".

If that doesn't do it, I don't know what will.

Quality, not Quantity.

In the meantime, I offer my heartfelt congratulations to Jim Norman, the winner of the "2006 Hostility to IPSC" award.

Jim, I've watched your work for years and I have the utmost admiration for your accomplishment.

(Click on the image to see the full-size version. Click on the resulting image again to see a 'clean' version.)

Note that, according to the "Page Info" option, this page was last modified "Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:11:30 AM", and it expires "Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:11:30 AM".

I think that means I'm fortunate that several of my friends cared enough to forward this link to me before it expired. Otherwise, you may have missed this little hissy-fit expression of appreciation compiled by the self-described "IPSC Secretary", creator of the "Official IPSC Forum" (Global Village), and member of the "IPSC Inner Council".

I'm sure you share my joy in this achievement, as well as my hopes that I can do better in the 2007 competition. IPSC must be very proud of the way in which the IPSC Secretary represents the International Practical Shooting Confederation!

No comments: