Sunday, July 16, 2006

Get 'er Done (2) - videos redux

Earlier I discussed the TCGC Classifier match, and linked to the videos I took on the two non-classifier stages (here).

(BTW, match results are available here.)

The second non-classifier stage, "Get 'er Done 2", is a 'mirror image' of the first stage, in that it is set up right-handed rather than left-handed: the first targets you would naturally engage are on the right side of the bay.

Just to make it fun, the steel targets are not Pepper Poppers; they are 10" steel plates.

Since we are encouraged to engage Pepper Poppers in the center of the big circle, it shouldn't be any more difficult to hit plates. That is obviously not the case in real life. Oh sure, some people actually aim and do well, but the rest of us have a lot more problems hitting a ten inch round plate than we encounter when trying to hit the 12" circle on a 42" high Pepper Popper.

In evidence, I offer my clumsy "dog's breakfast" attempt to knock down the plates.




Jerry the Revolver Guy did well, except that he missed the first plate and used one of the irreplacable (in a reasonable amount of time) six rounds in his revolver to pick it up. This video starts AFTER he has engaged the three IPSC targets at the start.




Roger, to keep the comparison with the dextro version of this stage, did a fine job of picking up the plates.




And SWMBO ... rocks!




If I haven't made it clear, the original non-YOU TUBE version of these videos are available on Jerry the Geek's Video Shooting Gallery under the 2006 TCGC matches for July. Click on the article title or click here, to go there.

The videos are 2mb or 3mb. I may have missed a couple of squad members because I can't spend ALL of my time filming (and other squad-members may have missed their opportunity to pick up the camera, too.) If I did miss somebody, I apologise. I am confident that I have at least ONE video of everybody in my squad on one or the other of the stages, though.

If you WERE on the same squad, and your videos aren't pictured here (Fred, Dan, Paul, Don), you should go to the Shooting Gallery and look at your videos. If you want an easy to download YOU TUBE version of the video, I will be happy to generate one so you can show your friends.

You looked good, guys.

No comments: