Thursday, May 05, 2005

oh five oh five oh five

(Today's show is brought to you by the numbers Two, Five, Fourteen, Fifteen and 1000.)

This is one of those coincidental dates. You know … oh-five oh-five oh-five. Some people appreciate these congruencies more than others. I remember the excitement during the lunch hour on July Eighth, 1990. It was one of those days. 12:34:56 7/8/90 I know the party hats came out in MY office!



Um, perhaps you had to be a Geek to really appreciate it. Or care.

I haven't shot a pistol for a couple of weeks, and I'm going a little bit around the bend. Perhaps you've noticed that my last few articles have been a little ... atypical. I've enjoyed writing and ranting about a wide variety of subjects, but I do look forward to going to an IPSC match next weekend. In this calendar year there is only ONE month in which the first falls on a Sunday, and this is it ... May, 2005. Because of that, the Albany match (2nd Saturday of every month) and the Tri-County match (3rd Sunday of every month) occur on consecutive days. Saturday the 14th and Sunday the 15th. I'll be able to break the long boring hiatus with back-to-back IPSC matches and I'll have something different to talk about: competitive pistol shooting. As Mark Knopfler says: "That's why I wrote this song!"



(Photo courtesy: Mustafa Odabasi's "Dire Straits" webpage)

I hear that the Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence Service (ISI) captured the Al Queda operative who has been trying so hard to murder President Pervez Musharraf for the past year: Abu Faraj al-Libbi. The ISI operatives dressed in Burqa's and intercepted Libbi while he was riding as a passenger on a motorbike. Five will get you Ten that Libbi never underestimates 'chicks' again!



Have you seen the eyes on that guy? Dead eyes. He looks like Oedipus after a bad Bodkins malfunction. That's the worst case of the "Thousand-Yard Stare" I've ever seen.



Well, perhaps not.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
(Paula Abdul on "Strange News" story about "American Idol" expose)

No comments: