Monday, June 27, 2016

Why Gun Control Can’t Be Solved in the USA

Why Gun Control Can’t Be Solved in the USA | Scott Adams' Blog:
On average, Democrats (that’s my team*) use guns for shooting the innocent. We call that crime. On average, Republicans use guns for sporting purposes and self-defense. If you don’t believe me, you can check the statistics on the Internet that don’t exist. At least I couldn’t find any that looked credible.
Scott Adams continues his Delbert Persona into the scary cobwebs-and-squeaky-doors House of  Gun Control.

I'm glad he chimed in on this contentious issue, because it's a magnificent commentator who can skewer both sides, and leave everyone laughing at themselves (in a contentious manner, of course, because we're all a little weird from bickering all these years on an issue we'll never agree on).

But ... that's just one viewpoint.




Let's look at another blog, saying "you can't regulate guns, until you know how to use one".

Yishan Wong writes that he doesn't believe in the Second Amendment,   Specifically:
I am a pro-gun-control liberal who does not believe in the Second Amendment.

Well, that's a tough act to follow.   It's kind of like the Queen of Hearts:
"I can't believe that!" said Alice.
"Can't you?" the Queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."
Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

While offering to coach people who don't understand guns, as a public service, Wong continues:
I also possess five guns: three handguns and two rifles — one which I built myself from parts. It was fairly easy and a lot of fun, as I am an engineer by training.
I also believe that guns at home are more likely to result in injury than be used successfully for home defense, so I believe in storing them at the local gun club or armory.




There are still things I haven't learned.  Perhaps this is one of them.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I bet he believes in the 1st amendment.