Tuesday, April 19, 2011

WEBRING

I've been receiving MULTIPLE complaints that some folks try to sign on and the WEBRING connection at the bottom of the website takes over ... they can't even see MY blog, let along send nasty comments.

Thankfully, most of the people who send Nasty Comments to me are personal friends, or they otherwise have my email address.

Due to these informal communications it has become increasingly clear that the options which I added in 2005 and 2006 for the convenience of my readers have overwhelmed the original purpose of this blog.

In other words, the Progressives are taking over my website!

I tried last month to take care of the few 'most popular' WEBRING sites by commenting out the code from the Template, but either it didn't actually work or the ones I 'removed' were not those which were causing problems.

I've lost patience, and it may be too bad that because of one badly-programmed function I've lost several similar functions which may not have been causing problems.

However, in fairnes to me few but faithful readers, I have today DELETED all WEBRING connections, including those which I only (tentatively) "Commented Out" ('deactivated').

That's right. I dumped them, for now and for always. They will not be available in future versions of this website. I've discarded the code; even I don't know how to get them back.

As it happens, they probably not only did harm, but did no good either. I know that I never received a comment from anyone that they were grateful for the WEBRING access; only (recently) that they could not access THIS website because they were always redirected to another WEBRING sight. It was 'vended code', Folks, and I had not access to correct their programming ... only sufficient parameter detail to join and participate in the 'community'.

I hope this clears it up for everyone. If not, I hope you will let me know at jerrydgeekblog (at) comcast (dot) net.

In other words:

"Can you hear me now? NO? Okay, then send me an email!"


PS: Latest H/T: BigDawg

No comments: