Thursday, May 15, 2014

Gun Control Poll Results

Gun Control Poll Results

This is an interesting poll conducted by an organization that I'm not familiar with ... isidewith.com.

The results of this specific poll are automatically accessible by several poll-taker criteria, including state, major city within state, political affiliation, ethnicity, income level, and education level.   It's worth taking a look at.

Interesting, the 'general' question was a clear decision.  Broken down by state (Oregon), it also seemed clear.  But when you look at the responses from the "major city" (Portland) ... the results were reversed.  Portland residents did NOT feel obliged to support the Second Amendment rights of all Americans.  In point of fact, they rather liked the idea that the State might abrogate the Constitution, as long as the state of Oregon continued to import overlook illegal immigrants as long as the grape harvest was completed in a timely manner.

(Yes, I am projecting.  Sue me.)

Tentative conclusion: residents of Portland are less concerned with "Gun Control" than other issues; among them the social issues of immigration, birth control, and public support of loafers and other "In Need" individuals.

When it deals with broad questions, it does all right.   So I took the poll myself.  And .. there were a plethora of other questions besides Gun Control, and I took those questions, too.

Unfortunately, the polls are generally simplistic and do not offer enough choices for a reasoned response; there were issues in which I seemed in turn to agree with the Conservatives, Republicans, Democrats, Green Party, and Libertarians.  No, I'm not making this up.

I think I'm getting a sick headache.

PS:  Oh, they were clear that I don't agree with "Gun Control".  Glad we got that straightened out!

No comments: