Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cold Dead Hand with Jim Carrey ... WHO CARES?

Cold Dead Hand with Jim Carrey from Jim Carrey, NickCorirossi, Charles Ingram, Funny Or Die, BoTown Sound, millsfx, and Melissa Gould McNeely

Conservative Bloggers and Pundits are getting pretty darned worked up by the latest Jim Carrey video, which  satarizes  Charlton Heston.   I'm not sure why.

I know why Carrey said all this stuff, and why he "attacked" Charlton Heston (my personal hero) .. it's his job.  He's not always very good at it (witness: "Ace Ventura" and "The Cable Guy"), but that's the job he has chosen.

If Charlton Heston can can ignore the egregious Michael Moore, he can ignore Jim Carrey .. who (wisely, I think) waited until Heston was dead before he satirized him.

Still, even if Carrey pokes fun at our Second Amendment rights, we should allow him his First Amendment rights.  Oh, we can make fun of him in turn, but ... what's the problem?

I know, I know ... "your rights end when your fist meets my nose".   To mix a metaphor, my nose is only a bit "out of joint".  I don't LIKE what he has to say, and I may condemn it .. but that's what the First Amendment is all about: the right to "unpopular speech".  After all, the Second Amendment was included to support the First Amendment .. and all the other Constitutional Amendments which may from time to time give us pause.




"I  may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it!"
 (Voltaire)


We can still learn, even from the Odious French.

So .. Conservative Bloggers and Pundits ... give it a rest, eh?.

2 comments:

Rivrdog said...

You say that Carrey is a comic? Doesn't that involve humor? Find me some humor in ANY Carrey effort, not just the current one, and I might accept your judgment of Carrey.

Carrey is a failure. We don't laud fail, do we?

Anonymous said...

If I want humor mixed with wisdom I will listen/watch Larry The Cable Guy. Not Mr. Cary
Antipoda