Monday, May 23, 2011

Greetings, from Rapture Central

Hello my Friends.

Well, here am I in the bosom of Heaven. Yes, the Rapture has come and gone and I find myself among The Taken.

I've been looking for you all ... can't seem to find any of you anywhere. Should we perhaps set up a Bulletin Board system? You know, like:
"Adam; miss you. Meet me by the Old Apple Tree, please? I'm so sorry! All my love -- Eve"

Well, perhaps not.

Actually, I'm pretty lonely here. Having led such a sinful life, I'm amazed to find myself here. Also, I'm surprised to discover that I am allergic to the pollen from Angel Wings.


It's very nice sitting at the Left Hand of God, and all that.

But I do miss my friends.


So having spent 24 hours in Heaven, I plan to abdicate. That's right, I'm turning in my wings and heading back to "Left Behind, Oregon". There I intend to meet my friends at the umpteenth-annual Memorial Day BBQ, song-fest and reunion of the Usual Suspects, where I will open a virgin bottle of Jameson's Irish Whiskey and lead the toast to .... Absent Friends.

I just hope the Irish Dancers, who provided the entertainment at an earlier meeting (2005), were "Taken".

That would make it all worth while.




PS: From now on, no more morbid topics. Back to Blogging As Usual.

Geek Promise!

No comments: