Friday, February 11, 2011

"Will America Let Us Shut Off Our Power System?

None Dare Call It Treason ..
but this guy does.
Alex Jones Calls Out Obama for Treason Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
I don't know who this "Alex Jones" guy is, or whether or not his premise is Legitimate. I have "issues" when someone accuses the President of the United States of America of being a "traitor" (or more commonly, here, of being guilty of "Treason")

I'm not as sure as this commentator seems to be that President Obama is a "traitor",. although I admit that I'm uncomfortable with some of his policies. Okay, several of his policies.

The full quote from Ovid is:
Treason doth never prosper:
what's the reason?
Why if it prosper,
none dare call it treason.
These are my thoughts on Treason.
Let us get back to the comments presented currently by Alex Jones.

I don't know who this man is. I've never heard of him before, and I have no idea whether I'm inclined to accept his arguments or not.

KEYWORDS:
  • Kyoto Protocol
  • Carbon Taxes
  • Cap and Trade
These concepts, I have barely enough understandingso that I know whether I am "Pro" or "Con". In all of the above, I am against them. I believe that they have dubious benefits for Environmentalists, and also that they have a negative influence on the Wealth of a Nation.

Also, that the concepts --- if enacted in this country --- would have a negative influence on the wealth of THIS nation (America), while providing a positive economic advantage to "other nations (China is the first country which springs to mind).


So if it is true that President Obama has taken an official, enforceable stance against Coal Powered Electricity Power Plants in America, then yes; I do believe that this "unilateral" national policy, which imposes no similar limits on the "carbon emissions" of other countries, may truly and unilaterally undermine our national "power wealth". This is by definition without requiring other power-using nations, such as China, to reciprocate.

And that serves only the singular purpose to impose expensive limitations on America, with no attempt to impose similar limitations on our competitors, which would at least providing a balancing influence.

That is to say ... if we are obliged to limit our power generation under a given set of circumstances, should noit our competitors be obliged to limit their power generation under the same circumstances?

this affects our national wealth, our national well-being, and our ability to compete on the world market.

I am very curious as to why our national leadership would agree to such egregious limitations when our "partners" are not required to agree to similar, if not identical, limitations

No comments: