Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Uncle Jay Explains The News

I've been a big fan of Uncle Jay Explains The News for ... oh, I don't know; probably about 15 minutes. Ever since Gentle Reader (I stole that term from LawDog) "The Hobo Brasser" sent me a link to "Uncle Jay Explains Congressional Recess". (Note: not on the original Uncle Jay Explains" website.)

Checking out Uncle Jay's Website, I note that on September 24, 2007, Uncle Jay explains BLOGS.
Essentially, there are two kinds of writing on the Internet:
  1. Amateur Blogs that are biased and undependable, and
  2. Solid, professional JOURNALISM that's biased and undependable.
I have to admit, Uncle Jay has Amateur Blogs down, dead right.

Did I mention that I don't get paid for being biased and undependable? That's right, I need to get a PayPal link up on my website right away!

Or, I can continue to submit the occasional article or photo essay to USPSA's 'House Magazine", The Front Sight. It's possible that with just one submittal a year I can make something like 10,000% MORE annually than by relying on PayPal contributions.

Hmmm ... tough choice.

So you can help me here. Can I see a show of hands? How many Gentle Readers are willing to send me a token contribution of $50 a month if I continue blogging?

Anybody?

Okay, how many would contribute the same amount if I close Cogito Ergo Geek? Would pay me NOT to Blog?

Huh? Hey, wait a minute!

Okay, never mind. I'll forget the PayPal, we'll just continue the way it is: I'll write, you won't like it.

If I'm not offending anybody, what fun is it?

No comments: