Thursday, April 19, 2007

Geeks Bane

I never thought I would be grateful to Evil Bill for designing another "Evil Bill stage", but I am so sick of talking about National Tragedies that I find myself in that awkward position.

Do you recall the Evil Texas Star stage I discussed a few weeks ago? It was a Texas Star backed (or alternatively, 'fronted') by a windmill of penalty targets.

You can see the original here (note: may be viewable only on IE, perhaps on FireFox, definately not on Netscape.)

As if the Texas Star was not sufficiently difficult (read: "Evil") taken in combination with a windmill of Penalty Targets it's downright diabolical.

I accept the blame for having thrown the gauntlet at the feet of Evil Bill. As soon as he saw this incredibly ugly target array he declared "I'm gonna make me one of these!"

Apparently, he has done so. He sent me this stage design file this evening, and we can expect to see it at the regularly scheduled Croc Dundee club match on April 28.


It's a dark, dark day when we find ourselves confronted by this.

(Click on the image for full size)

If I understand Evil Bill correctly, we can look forward to engaging this stage design at the nex Dundee Club Match. It's a 21 round, 105 point stage and I suppose we should feel grateful that there are enough points in the stage that a couple of hits on the backing 'penalty targets' just MIGHT not lead to a zero-points stage. That's right. This stage is so Evil that, even though I haven't seen it yet, I'm already in a state of dread.

Shouldn't be this way, right? I mean, all you have to do is hit the target (the plates) and no rounds will impact a penaly.

(Note: if the penalty targets were in FRONT of the five Texas Star plates, and you shot through the penalty targets and hit the plate behind it, this would constitute a Range Equipment Failure which would mandate a reshoot. Uh huh, like I want to shoot this stage more than once in my lifetime.)
I'm not sure whether I'm looking forward to this for the challenge, or whether I'm dreading it for ... being a Survival Stage.

One things for sure:
It's not going to be boring.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: