Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Blogus Interruptus

I'm going to be away for a bit, so don't be surprised if you see NO NEW TRAFFIC on this website for the next week (give or take a few days.)

I will be driving to Utah, from Oregon, so I can see my grandchildren. Not incidently, I look forward to renewing my acquaintance with my son, Ben and his lovely wife, Alysha. They're a young couple just starting out in life, suffering the same "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" that many of us have already experienced, and struggling to make a good life for their family.

Perhaps I can't smooth out some of the speedbumps/potholes in their road through Life, but at least I can be a significant presence in the lives of their children.

They're good kids, Ben and Alysha. And the children are charmers!

I went to the Used Book Store here in Corvallis this evening, and bought ten or twenty "you can read this for yourself" books to read to the tiny ones.

It's impossible to start children too early, when it comes to loving books.

So excuse me if I don't blog as much as I want, or as much as I should.

I have more important things to do for the rest of this week, and much of next week.

No comments: