Thursday, September 28, 2006

Blogger Problems



From time to time, my blog host (Blogger.com) gets trashed.

This is one of those times.

I can't publish new articles using Netscape as my browser, although this is my preferred browser, because for the last two days it has taken from 40 minutes to two hours to publish. Compare this to the usual peerformance of FIVE TO TEN SECONDS, and you begin to understand my frustration.

Tonight I resorted to using MS Internet Explorer to publish. The problem is, the sidebar doesn't display. Well, maybe it did if I let it go more than the FIVE MINUTES I gave it to load, but essentially there's nothing I can do about it.

(Note: the last time I resorted to IE as a browser to view the blog, which was over a month ago, it worked fine. This is A Recent Thing.)

Bottom line: it's not my fault, but it's my problem. I probably won't be looking for a new publishing software, if only because Blogger.com reassures us (although nobody seems to believe them more than I do, which is not at all) that this is just a temporary problem due to hackers.

So please bear with me as we, together, endure that which we cannot change.

FWIW, it's not just me. I've visited the blogger.com forum and there are hundreds of complaints about this problem. Some of your favorite blogs will be affected. I started complaining (most shamefully to GEEKWITHA45.BLOGSPOT.COM about format problems, but it's probably not his fault, either.

No comments: