Wednesday, August 16, 2006

IPSC Video - Dundee 7/2006 SWMBO

I've not posted for a couple of days, because I'm working on an extended article about the "KaBOOM!" factor in IPSC competition.

Be prepared to be alternately bored and outraged.

In the meantime, it occurs to me that I haven't been posting many IPSC Videos lately, so rather than do a "BlogMeat" post I have provided you with a nice little shoot-em-up.



In this video, SWMBO is engaging targets including lots of steel (Pepper Poppers, US Poppers and plates) plus mostly appearing or moving IPSC targets. It's a stage which challenges the shooter to move quickly, pick up a pre-positioned pistol (rather than the typical draw-from-the-holster scenario), and engage a wide variety of target types.

It's a challenging stage, and I thought SWMBO handled it very well. The timing of target engagment was so good it deserves to be set to music; I chose the Miami Vice theme, because that instrumental theme is almost an iconic representation of breathless, heart-stopping action.

Plus, I'll never get the image of flamingos and bikini-clad beauties out of my head every time I hear this theme.

Seems appropriate to me.

No comments: