Friday, June 02, 2006

Dundee IPSC Videos

My friend Brian, who also provides server space for my Photo Gallery (so I don't want to offend him) has a brand new Open gun for IPSC Competition.

I think the Aimpoint sight is beer-can-on-a-stick ugly, but he makes it work for him so if I sound 'negative' it's probably just jealousy.

Here he is at the May, 2006, club match shooting Stage 4.


He and I are unofficially competing head-to head, so here's my performance on the same stage.



Result: Brian took 4th place on the stage with 97 match points, I took 3rd place with 104 match points.

Unfortunately, this was about as well as I could do against his juggernaut competition. For the entire match, he won 4th Open with 523.6 match points, and I settled in comfortably in 5th Open wth 520 match points. (Brian kicked my butt on the next stage, an 'accuracy stage', and I never recovered from it.)

Brian did very will with his brand new STI Open Gun, and I congratulate him.

Guess I need to practice more. Either that, or I should re-evaluate the qualities of an Aimpoint sight over a C-More sight.

No comments: