Thursday, March 17, 2005

Albany Rifle and Pistol Club!

Albany Rifle and Pistol Club

'This is not going to be terribly interesting to most of you.

Looking at my statistics, I have readers from Texas, Washington, New Jersey, Florida, New Zealand, France, England, Hong Kong, Nigeria, The Phillipines, UK, UAR, and 431 hits from the U.S.A. alone.

This suggests to me that I'm not read only from Benton County, and most of you don't really care that the Albany (Oregon) Rifle & Pistol Club has a website describing activities which are not specifically related to IPSC shooting.
But I'm feeling a littly giddy tonite. It's not only Saint Patrick's Day, but this is also the day when I've receive over 2500 hits since last December, when I started this Blog-thing.

So first of all, thank you for visiting my IPSC related blog. I received an email today from a reader who stated that he enjoyed my writings because I discussed not only RKBA=related issues, not only firearm-specific related issues, but I was the only one who talked about "gun games". (Thank you, Cowboy Bob!)

[I admit, I would be writing less about RKBA issues, and more about IPSC, had I received more feedback about ... well ... IPSC issues. But that's just me. I need feedback to learn what people are inerested in, and I don't quite get enough from The Unofficial IPSC List.]

Second, even though you are probably not really interested in IPSC shooting in Oregon, the website mentioned above DOES give you a pretty good idea abou the kinds of activites at ARPC. There's a bunch of pictures, which is always popular. Several photos of people shooting Full-uto (including at least one which appears to be am M2 .50 caliber machine gun.) There's a photo of a guy who is obviously shooting a CAS stage, and a CAS group-photo.

To my egocentric interest, there are two photos of SWMBO, and one photo of The Geek, shooting eiher IPSC or Speed Steel stages. You can tell which they are, as these are the only pictures of people shooting pistols.

I'll let you do the exploring. The photos are in a 'slide-show' format, and they're not very big so they don't take long to load.

Go check 'em out.

Also, if you live in the mid-Willamette valley area, you might consider going to the Albany Rifle and Pistol Range to shoot.

It's probably one of the best ranges, for the money (membership fee) ranges in the country, considering the amenities which they offer.

Do check out the photos.

No comments: