Sunday, December 31, 2017

Incomprehensible

I admit that I've blogged some posts which didn't make the point I intended, over the years, but this author published one post that I absolutely don't understand.

Perhaps someone can explain it to me; I'm old, so my friends tell me, but I didn't think I was mentally feeble until I read this.

View From The Porch: Proof I don't understand Kel-Tec's target demo:

Proof I don't understand Kel-Tec's target demo I mean, I've had a few customers I've thought were piss-drinkers over the years, but I don't know as I'd have called them that to their faces. Maybe I was doing it wrong. Bold strategy, Kel-Tec.

See the link above for the appended photo.

5 comments:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

I have worked in marketing support. Sometimes the boss comes up with a shitty idea and no one has the cajones to tell him.

Tam said...

My point? Or the point of the ad?

My point was that I don't understand a target demographic who would consider being told they drink piss as a complement.

Cookie said...

I think her point was who would say to themselves "Hey I'm a piss drinker. Looks like I found my next rifle!" Maybe they are out there, but do you really want to know who they are?

the pawnbroker said...

Hey it's edgy...more ragged edge than cutting edge, but I've dealt with guys who imagine themselves to be badass operators and who imagine they would do whatever it takes to be one, and hey if you gotta drink piss...

This goofy shit would actually appeal to that imagination, kel-tec might even sell some wannabe operator hardware to some wannabe operators. Plus there's a shakeout looming in the gun biz; maybe they're saying they will do whatever it takes to be a survivor themselves. The referenced writer has shown little patience for such posers, and I guess that was her point.