Wednesday, January 09, 2008

S&W 659 Assembly and Disassembly instructions

On November 22, 2006, I posted an article about assembly and dis-assembly of the S&W 659 (9mm pistol, 2nd generation S&W, stainless).

These instructions are generally applicable to all model 59 variations.

Thanks to reader MARK, I have been encouraged to finally post the still photos which demonstrate this process in detail. The individual photos are annotated with detailed instructions, which I hope will make this a more usable resource for Model 59 owners.

This link has been included in the original post.

If you are trying to use these pictures as a guide to field-stripping the model 59, and you have questions, please send your email to the address listed at the bottom of this page. I may not be able to answer your questions, but it's worth a shot. (Sorry!)

BTW, I no longer have possession of this pistol. My son is the proud recipient of the pistol, so I can't pull it out and tinker with it. The pistol, I mean.

UPDATE: January 10, 2008
I've just found that Gunworld has schematics of both the Model 59 and the Model 5906 ... both of which are closely related to the 659 and are probably of interest to most of you who found this article as a result of an Internet Search.

No comments: