Sunday, October 09, 2005

Administrivia

GOOD NEWS!

Kim du Tuit may have closed his website, but there is a "new website" under the name "The Nation Of Riflemen" available. There has been no transitional message, but the 'look and feel' of the original website has been preserved.

So have the politics, the attitudes, the gratuitous gun pictures, the photos of sultry movie-type babes, etc etc etc.

I don't know who the 'new editor' is, but I have a sneaking suspicion that his background is "African American" and his initials are KdT.

YMMV.


MORE GOOD NEWS!

I've added the Day By Day Cartoon to this weblog. As a courtesy to those with modem access [envision smug GeekSmirk here], I've placed it in the FOOTER, so that access to the most recent post(s) will not be delayed while the DBD image is downloaded and displayed. Just scroll to the bottom of the page. I see no reason to EVER click on the link (see the sidebar on the right) but I'll leave it there anyway.


INCIDENTAL SIDE NOTE:
As this weblog evolves, I've added more and more links, options and helpful tools such as the 'look up your IPSC classifier record" function in the sidebar, and links to books & movies (even sometimes music albums) which I've found interesting.

I would sure like you to believe that I do this as a service to you, assuming that you have similar interests to my own. That's partly true, but I've found that I often call up my own blog when I want to access a frequently viewed website and I don't care to look through my browser history log for the URL. In fact, I've cheated the Columbia Cascade Section out of some traffic to that website (sorry, Mark) by linking directly to the Match Results websites of the clubs in that section. I did this when my only online access was via AOL/Modem, and I didn't care to wait for the background . . . however scenic . . . to load. Since this website is ALWAYS up when I'm browsing, it's a lot quicker and easier to click ONE link instead of following the CCS website framed webpath.

If you are an IPSC competitor and would like to see direct links to interesting websites here, let me know. I'm inclined to be choosey about which links I feature, if only because my sidebar is sometimes longer than the content pages! But I'll certainly consider it and, if it's a webpage that I like to visit, I'll add it to the sidebar and announce it here.

Maybe I'll even give you credit for the suggestion, if it's good, such as:



And if it's totally bogus (or worse, Commercial, I'll give you the Thumbs Down:

No comments: