Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cops Writing Cops

Thanks to LawDog for the heads-up on this ugly little website.

Cops Writing Cops is a private website where Cops write to complain that they were cited for violating traffic rules (including "Speeding" ... you know, when you drive faster than is safe).

These yahoos gentlemen seem to think they are above the law, and that just because they possess a "Friends Of Police" card they should be exempt from traffic safety laws.

I haven't read all of the posts there, but I've read enough to understand that the website is positioned as a place where LEOs can vent their displeasure at being given a ticket for breaking the law.

I have, however, read the comments. I'm glad to see that many of these comments say, in more or less words: "This site makes me sick". These comments are presumably posted by LEOs, which makes me happy because I would say the same thing if I could figure out how to sign on to the website ... which I can't, because I don't have the LEO credentials.

Here are some of the lame excuses ... and similarly outrageous comments ... provided in a shabby effort to whitewash the excesses of a bunch of Elitist Enforcers.

This LEO was caught doing 85.* in a 65mps zone:

I really didn't mind the ticket once I knew I was getting one. I've written thousands and is it really that bad?? The thing that bothers me is 1) she showed no respect for me. All the years I have worked, the different units I've been on, the shitheads that I have arrested didn't mean squat to her. I've given breaks before for people doing 19 miles over the limit. I have even let one go for doing 150+ on LSD.
Oh really? You allowed a "shithead" to drive 150mph while on hallucinogenic drugs? That speaks well for your judgement. Was this "shithead" by chance a LEO? I would feel much safer driving in your state, knowing that your priorities include allowing a drugged-out driver to continue driving on the same road with my family.

Here's another:

My name is Chris F. I am currently an NYPD officer for 17 years. I would like to add Trooper DS Payne of the North Carolina State Police to the DICK of the month.
On April 5,2007 I was traveling from NY to NC to see my family. I was on US 220 in Asheboro when I was stopped by Trooper Payne. I stopped immediately and turned on all interior lights and shut off the TV my kids were watching. Trooper Payne approached the veh. and asked me what my hurray was. I told him I was driving for 12 hours with my wife and 3 children and we were almost at our destination. I apologized for my speeding, then he asked me if I knew what the speed limit was, I said I thought it was 65mph. he asked me for my license and registartion. I handed him my drivers license, my NYPD photo ID card, and since I am also the state trustee for my FOP lodge, I gave him my NYS FOP photo ID card. After looking at the cards, Trooper Payne then tossed both cards in my lap and said "I ASKED FOR YOUR VEH. REGISTRATION". I then gave him my registration and insurance card and both my id cards and asked if the cards would help me and he gave them back to me and said " I didn't ask for them, don't want to see them, and I don't care."

After about 5-10 minutes Trooper Payne returned to my veh. with a speeding summons for 70 mph in a 55 mph zone. I signed the ticket and said to him " Thank You for the courtesy you showed me", he said " you don't see me speeding up & down the highways of NY do you?". I then said I had the opportunity to extend the professional courtesy to 2 NC Troopers on 2 separate occasions to which he replied "now that's enough out of you". I then rolled up the window and drove away.

Yes I was speeding, and I will pay my fine, but I think every police officer out there should know that the day I got my speeding summons, 2 Charlotte Police officers were killed in the line of duty, and their funerals were that weekend. If Trooper Payne stops another police officer who is on his way to pay respects to 2 fallen brothers, is he going to write them also.
Emphasis on being with your family ... swell, so you risked the lives of your family by driving 12 hours straight, and driving too fast, and you think it justifies ignoring your unsafe driving habits because you were doing it 'for the children'?. Did you ever consider that the trooper who stopped and ticketed you had more concern for your children than you demonstrated?

Then you got all outraged about the ticket and brought in the honorable death of a brother officer in some lame effort to inject 'perspective' to the situation. Your children must be very proud of you, that you are such a wuss that you can't even take a simple speeding ticket without whining.

Let's look at one more silly-ass attempt to justify obviously illegal activities:

... WHILE OFFICER JOHNSON WAS ON PATROL HE STOPED A PICK UP FOR SPEEDING.HE APPROACHED THE VEHICLE AND MADE CONTACT WITH THE DRIVER.WHO FOR OFFICER SAFETY EXPLANED HE HAD A WEAPON IN THE TRUCK.OFFICER JOHNSON ASKED FOR A CDW LICENSE .THE DRIVER REPLIED I AM A DEPUTY SHERIFF,OFFICER JOHNSON ASKED FOR DRIVERS LICENSE AND REGESTRATION .AND PROCEDED BACK TO HIS CRUISER .WHILE WRITING THE CITATION A STATE TROOPER WHO KNEW THE DEPUTYS VEHICLE PULLED ALONG SIDE OF OFFICER JOHNSON AND ASKED IF HE COULD HELP OUT AND CUT THE DEPUTY A BREAK. THAT HE PERSONALEY KNEW THE DEPUTY AND HAD WORKED ALONG SIDE HIM FOR YEARS .OFFICE JOHNSON REPLIED HE DID NOT CARE WHO THE INDIVIDUAL WORKED FOR OR WHO HE WAS NOR DID HE GIVE A SHIT THAT THE TROOPER WAS ASKING FOR A FAVOR HE WAS GOING TO WRITE THE DEPUTY A SPEEDING TICKET. JUST IN CASE OFFICER JOHNSON BREAKS DOWN ONE NIGHT .HE WORKS FOR KENTUCKY VEHICLE ENFORCEMENT POST 7 (LONDON KY) AND LIVES IN HARLAN KY
I am NOT going to address the illiteracy of the author, except that if this was a LEO he certainly does not look (here) like someone who is accustomed to writing reports.

The important points here are that (a) the citing officer refused to 'cut a break' for a speeding LEO, even when the LEO affiliation was emphasized by a brother office; (b) the coy reference to a (concealed weapon) was an obvious ploy to insert the "I'm a cop, leave me alone" gambit (which did not work here), and (c) the "just in case, Officer Johnson works (here) comments are an obvious encouragement to deny "officer Johnson" support in a future situation where the officer needs back-up.

I think this last is the most egregious demonstration of a Closed Society.

It's bad enough that these fools should expect preferential treatment for the simple fact that they are charged with enforcing the very laws they flout;

It's worse that they seem to feel justified in holding up for ridicule the officers who enforce the same laws for everyone ... even other Law Enforcement Officers;

The worst is that when these honest LEOs fail to live up to their unreasonable expectations, they seem to consider it only just that the honest LEOs are subject to craven undermining of the simple rules of engagement which all LEOs depend on for their personal safety ... for the most petty reasons.

I know many Law Enforcement Officers here in Oregon, and to a man they are honest, loyal, courageous and just representatives of their Departments.

The departments which are the homes of these contributors to Cops Writing Cops should, in my private opinion, make a special effort to identify the authors of these despicable diatribes, and cast them out of the force. These losers are representative of the dregs of humanity, a source of humiliation to their departments, and a shame to their community.

In case you are not yet convinced, allow me to leave you with just one more example of the LEOs which they claim to represent:

From The Desk of A "Remove Me"

nobody around here with a badage agrees with your site....I've tried to log into the site and post on the forum but it doesn't let me for some reason. please take me off the mailing list and I don't want to be associated with it......

respect perhaps...but if I deserve a ticket then I'll take a ticket....but my girlfriend, friend, wives....whanna !...what a bunch of babies who think their badage (sic ... badge?) should mean more than it does, that's not what it's for....

pavlovsdawg@hotmail.com

I applaud this brave Officer. He has the courage to speak up when the audience is apparently all of a mind to contradict him, and more importantly to allow bodily harm upon he who disagrees with their selfish opinion.

We need more Law Enforcement Officers like him, and fewer ... much fewer ... of The Other Kind.

Thanks for the head-up, LawDog.





.

No comments: