Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Blastorama and stuff

I know I said I was going to talk about 'funny things that happened during the CCS Sectional IPSC Match tonite, but I'm getting really burned out on that match. Maybe tomorrow. Or maybe not.

Besides, my POS IP (which is AOL . . . can't you just smell the acronmyms?) is acting up tonite, and I don't know how much of this will actually be posted. FWIW, it turns out that I live too far out-of-town to receive a reliable signal from the WiFi transmiter, so I'm stuck with AOL until I can choose between two equally unpalatable options: QWEST and COMCAST. Bad choices. I hate telephones almost as much as I hate Cable.

Tonite, I just want to trip the light fantastic. I'd rather talk about tomorrow than about yesterday.

Phil at "Random Nuclear Strikes" has organized a Blogger Shoot for Saturday, August 20, 2005. It will take place in Portland, Oregon, and several of the RKBA Bloggers in the area will be there.

I'll be there. I hope I can talk SWMBO into being there, but it depends on whether A_Place_To_Shoot likes compensated .38 Supers bangin' & clangin' on their armor-steel backstop. FreddyBoomBoom (Prince Andrew of an earlier post) has said he will be there. Perhaps some of the Usual Suspects will be free that day, and come out for lunch, a range session, and even a dockside BBQ.

It's an opportunity to meet some of the most opinionionated private citizens in the PNW, have lunch and dinner, and shoot. What's not to like?



Here's some filler:

What's your IP? I'm at 17*.1*5.17*.*70
(You didn't think I was going to give out my IP for free, did you?)


HT to Tyler at .45 Caliber Justice, who also offers this T-shirt photo:



An Arizona Cowgirl, a friend of Cowboy Blob, blogs about her new gun. Caution: mauser photos, may not be work freindly.


Here's a Canadian who not only doesn't think Canada should enter a mutual defense agreement with America, not only doesn't like guns, but thinks that California's SB357 (calling for serialization of individual rounds of ammunition) is A Good Idea.


Finally ... I can't help it. I'm a proud father and a proud grandfather. Here's a photo of my daughter, "Foo", and her daughter, "Sam".
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Okay, as long as I'm in a maudlin mode, here's a photo of my son, Ben, and his son, J-Bob.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

(I'll have more recent pictures in subsequent posts. I love these kids. Deal with it!)

No comments: