Friday, November 11, 2005

Tampa Bay Pistol Club - You know you're a shooter when...

I've only been Blogging for one year.

But I've been 'Writing' for intenet folks for about 8 years.

Here are a couple of examples of the Threads From Heck which were introduced (usually) on The Unofficial IPSC List, and which were subsequently posted on the Internet by other subscribers:


Tampa Bay Pistol Club - You know you're a shooter when...

IPSC Haiku

My favorites are ... well, my own poems. But the creativity is astounding, and I'm hard-pressed to pick my own from the others. To be honest, many of the poems are 'in-jokes'. These were all composed in 2001, and thanx to Jeff Maass for preserving them.


Boomershoot

I went to one of Joe Huffman's early Boomershoots in 1999.
(I also went to the 2000 Boomershoot, and I bought the shirt, but that's another story.)






I went with Jim "Bumstead" Boemler, and delighted in getting him stuck in mud while we treked thru the marshlands.

The link cited above, however, deals with my expectations based on EXPERIENCE during other lie-down-on-the-grass-and-squirm-in-the-cold-mud moments.

BTW, if Kim Du Toit would like a genuine Boomershoot t-shirt, I would be willing to make him a gift of mine. It doesn't fit me any more. I think it shrunk.

And here's a picture of Bumstead at the match. Jim is at the telescope, I'm . . . behind the camera.

No comments: