Friday, April 06, 2018

The Other Side of the Constitution

"What Crime Have I Committed, Officer?"

I recently posted an article in support of teenagers who were marching for Gun Control.
My thesis was, this is their Constitutional Right, and although I do not agree with all of their arguments, I admire them for standing up in public for their free exercise of the First Amendment.

Nobody interfered with their peaceful protest.

Now we have a clear issue of whether the Second Amendment should be equally as supported and BOY HOWDY! was I surprised that it didn't receive the same public support!

Olmos Park PD Terrorize Lawful Texans - YouTube:

Equivalent Constitutional Rights of PEACEFUL PROTESTS (First and Second amendments) are being exercised in both instances, but when the SECOND AMENDMENT is the subject, the police are all over the protesters

The protestors were openly carrying firearms (which is legal under Texas law).
Police arrested 2nd Amendment protesters, because ....
"How can I tell if you're the bad guy?
(Maybe, if they're not shooting anybody, they haven't broken a law?)
I can't find the law, I'm just telling you to obey me 
James Freeman
Olmos Park PD Terrorize Lawful Texans


"You're the only one threatening people, Officer"


The same Constitutional Rights (first and second amendment) are being exercised in both instances, but when the SECOND AMENDMENT is being publically exercised, the police typically over-react.

Apparently, the organizer of the protest (according to the video) had already informed the police department that they were planning a protest, and the department had no problem with the protest.

But the cameras weren't rolling, then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Olomos Park is a bedroom community within the City of San Antonio. The City and County are predominately liberal politically. Nuff Said.